ANTONIO GENOVESI PRIZE
Antonio Genovesi Prize - V edition (2015)
In 2015 the Senate of the Italian Republic granted the patronage to the award ceremony hosting the presentation of 19 competing projects. The ceremony took place in the Presidents’ Hall of Palazzo Giustiniani, the location of the Presidency of the Senate of the Republic. The presentation, organized by ANCE Salerno and the University of Salerno, was attended by Senators Saggese, Bonfrisco, Filippi, Bocchino and by the Minister of the University Giannini. The following student groups have been awarded the edition prize.
- “An irrigation reconversion intervention Reclamation Consortium on the Sinistra Sele”. Students: Paolo Alfano, Valentina Chiarelli, Federica Persich, Laura Carmen Pezza, Alessandra Del Giorno, Roberta Fratello, Giovanna Zuppardo;
- “Expansion and redevelopment of the cemetery of Mercogliano”. Students: Emanuele Pacilio, Giovanni Milanese, Domenico De Vivo, Simone Chiarolanza, Emilio D’Amelio, Claudia Gargano, Michela Sangermano, Mariantonia Sessa;
- “Cycle network with bike-sharing service. Municipality of Pontecagnano Faiano”. Students: Somma Piera, De Conciliis Cecilia, Vollono Silvia, Rocco Flora, Alfonso Leandro Cupido, Anna Fortino. Michela Santonicola;
- “Daisy. Plant for the treatment of compostable waste. San Valentino Torio”. Students: D’ambrosio Roberta, Postiglione Paola, Salerno Eleonora, Siano Arianna, Siano Fortunata, Antonio Citro, Ilaria Izzo, Lorena Spinelli;
- “Tourist routes and promotion of the territory in the ancient village of Aterrana. Municipality of Montoro”. Students: Sara Carratù, Franca Ferrentino, Rosalia Moffa, Michele Vietri, Andrea Araneo, Angelo Gerardi;
- “Energy characterization and financial analysis for bio-residences. Municipality of Cava de ’Tirreni” – Avellino. Students: Tiziana Faiella, Paola Macrì, Isabella Morretta, Rossella Rocco, Ambra Salsano, Francesco Di Mieri, Ivan Lanzione, Fabio Tarantino;
- “Redevelopment of Tramontano Castle in Matera”. Students: De Concilio Denise, Murena Alessia, Oppido Giuseppina, Viceconte Mariangela, Giuseppe Criscito, Roberto De Carlo, Adriano De Prisco;
- “Environmental redevelopment of Colle Bellària in Salerno”. Students: Barra Giuseppe, Nanni Antonio, Bertini Alessandro, Villani Gerardo, Maria Armenante, Dario De Crescenzo;
- “Freight transport on the monorail for economic enhancement of an excellent agricultural product”. Students: Giove Roberto, Alessandro Pisapia, Angela Sica, Francesca Biondino, Vittorio Marino, Chiara Bronzo, Carmen De Caro, Gennaro Quaranta;
- “An urban redevelopment intervention for the Municipality of Cava de ’Tirreni”. Students: Giovanni Ruggiero, Federica Santoriello, Domenico Russo, Alfonso Dell’Anno, Letizia Gigliotti;
- “Sniffi. Electronic nose for biomedical analysis and environmental monitoring. ENEA of Portici”. Students: Teresa Agovino, Sonia Ferolla, Mario Graziuso, Mariantonia Santoro, Cristina Capuano, Antonella Corcillo;
- “Canapa. Eco-sustainability is business. Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale del Mezzogiorno”. Giaquinto Domenico, Esposito Luigi, Pizzolante Antonio, Gioviale Gennaro, Botta Carmine, Annapaola Celentano, Francesca Lupi, Fabrizio Pavarese;
- “Recovery and refunctionalization of a historical-architectural structure. The former Convent of Maiori”. Student: Sara Carrella, Miriam Ceni, Lorenzo Ricco, Stella Peduto, Paola Gallo Antonio Mola;
- “Adjustment of the port structure and requalification of Largo Marina for recreational and seaside tourism in the Municipality of Cetara”. Students: De Cristofaro Donatello, Del Regno Davide, Maceri Andrea, Padovano Andrea, Veneri Alfredo, Giuseppina Alfano, Roberto Giella, Davide Petrizza;
- “The caves of Castelcivita. Economic revitalization of the naturalistic site e technological enhancement through lighting project. Municipality of Castelcivita”. Students: Sannino Ilaria, Scalcione Nunzia, Mondelli Anna, Galano Annachiara, Vincenzo Raffaella, Marina Marrone, Ronnie Santoro;
- “The issue of Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment. A project for the Province of Salerno”. Students: Carmine Rosario Ferrentino, Michele De Anseris, Francesco Elia, Andrea Vassallo, Gessica Cosimato Anna Imperato, Lorenza Mancino, Rossella Pantalena;
- “Alternative disposal of market waste in the Agro Nocerino Sarnese. Municipality of Sarno”. Students: De Vivo Stella, Mammone Maria Assunta, Oliva Roberta, Mariacristina Di Bella, Erika Risi, Francesco Fischietti;
- “ToCCARE (Touch) the Healthcare. Recovery and refunctionalization of a former sanatorium for elderly care. Municipality of Castel San Giorgio”. Students: D’Andrea Fabrizio, Giordano Carla, Lorusso Angelo, Anna Borriello, Francesca Ciminelli, Mariaelena Palermo;
- “Biomass plant in Sarno”. Students: Mariacristina Di Bella, Erika Risi, Francesco Fischetti.
Below are the winners of the V edition.
Feasibility Section: the project “An intervention of irrigation reconversion Consorzio di Bonifica in Sinistra Sele” elaborated by the students Paolo Alfano, Valentina Chiarelli, Federica Persich, Laura Carmen Pezza, Alessandra Del Giorno, Roberta Fratello, Giovanna Zuppardo has been awarded the prize. The project involves an investment of 12.4 million euros for an irrigation conversion project in the Municipality of Serre (SA) with protection against hydraulic risk, reclamation, sanitation and irrigation. The Technical-Scientific Committee has rewarded in particular “the methodological approach”, “the level of detail of the financial plan” and “the theoretical-disciplinary in-depth studies concerning extra-financial effects related to the investment”.
Research Section: the project “Sniffi, Electronic nose for biomedical analysis and environmental monitoring” elaborated by the students Teresa Agovino, Sonia Ferolla, Mario Graziuso, Mariantonia Santoro, Cristina Capuano and Antonella Corcillo has been awarded the prize, with the following motivation: “for the ability to interpret the financial effects of a complex research project, for the analysis of technological solutions and the corresponding mercantile terms”. The project – entailing an investment of just over 5 million euros – developed a device made by ENEA of Portici (NA) and called Sniffi, able to transform smells into images.
Creativity Section: the project “Tourist routes and promotion of the territory in the ancient village of Aterrana in the municipality of Montoro”, in the province of Avellino, developed by the students Sara Carratù, Franca Ferrentino, Rosalia Moffa, Michele Vietri, Andrea Araneo, Angelo Gerardi, Simonpietro Pacehas been awarded the prize “for the ability to address and resolve, in a coherent and creative way, issues that refer to the development of the territory not only financially, but also socially and culturally”. The project foresees the setting up of a thematic museum en plein air, the creation of an information system to support tourism according to the logic of proximity marketing, the organization of a pilot event called “Le Vie del Legno” and the promotion of the pole through both conventional and multimedia channels.